Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Top 10, 7/18-7/24

Sorry I haven't posted for the past week, I've been more into outdoors stuff and I'm still bored with shopping. That said, there are a handful of good deals at Safeway through 7/20, and I'm going to run in tomorrow to pick up a few items, so I thought I would try my hand at a video clip to give you a better visual of what I buy. Look for it tomorrow! In the meantime, if you're going to be in Safeway today or tomorrow, make sure to pick up strawberries at .99/lb!

FTC, total bummer of a week!
  • Nash Brothers frozen veg, 12oz bags, 6 for $6 with coupon here. Seems pretty good for organic.
  • Peaches or Nectarines are $1/lb, that seems to be the price at most stores right now.
  • There are lots of 10 items for $10 sales listed, I almost never find this to be a good deal. One example is the Crystal Farms butter, I almost had a coronary when I saw it in this sale, but it's 8oz packs, not 16oz, so not a deal at all! Of course you don't actually have to buy 10 items to get these prices, so if you do shop at FTC this week, don't let them trick you!

Walgreens

  • There's an in-ad coupon for printer paper, 1.99/400 sheets, limit 2. That's a pretty good price if you prefer not to buy the ginormous boxes of it!
  • Colgate Total Advanced toothpaste is $3.49 with a 3.49 register reward. There are lots of coupons floating around for this product too, but even without one, this is still a good way to introduce yourself to register rewards without spending a lot out of pocket.

Target

  • The Hanes bonus packs are on sale, for example 7 pairs of socks are $5, so print the Target store coupon here, and they're only $4!
Safeway's Sunday ad
  • Corn on the cob is 5/$1.
  • Fruit 2 Day is $1/bottle, and since it's a new product I was hoping to find some coupons for it, but the only one I have seen is for the 2 packs. Bummer!
  • Whole Roasted chicken is 3.99 with coupon here, I would print it rather than load it to your card. Seems like a decent price if the heat has gotten to your brain and you are not cooking!

Haggar's (these are good THROUGH 7/20 ONLY, sorry I was lazy!)

  • Lots of nice fruit offerings at Haggar's right now, peaches are $1/lb, pluots are 1.49/lb, Rainier cherries are $2.99/lb (not cheap, but they never are, and they are yummy), red and green grapes are $1/lb. Definitely worth a stop if it's on your route.

By the way, I was on smartsource.com checking out the coupon offerings, and they have one for Land O' Lakes light butter. What kind of horrible oxymoron is "light butter" supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment