- 2 cups ricotta cheese (roughly equivalent to a 15oz container, I usually buy the bulk tubs at Sam's)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan, divided (I often use Asiago, it's comparable to good parm, but cheaper)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I process leftover bread in the cuisinart and then freeze it to use here, in meatloaf, etc. Dried breadcrumbs would work just fine)
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp dried parsley (or 4 TBSP fresh chopped)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
- 1 box manicotti noodles
Sorry I didn't get a post-oven, melty cheese beautiful shot after it had baked, we had been smelling it for long enough that I wasn't really thinking along those lines.
- A couple of thoughts. First of all, the filling picture isn't great, doesn't it look like crab spread? That made me think that crab manicotti would be beyond scrumptious, but that's big money talk too. Hmm.
- This freezes perfectly, and I have part of this batch tucked safely away already for the next time it shows up on my menu. I love 2 for 1 cooking.