Anyway, I have decided that I'm going to stop buying groceries for a month. Of course there are things that I will have to replenish, namely fruit, veg, milk, eggs. I will also continue to buy things that are free or better than free with coupons, because I think it's silly not to, and I can just donate those items (I keep a box in the garage, and they will not even be allowed in my house). I picked July for a few reasons; we're going on vacation in August, so we might as well pare down until then, I am sick to death of shopping (hey, it happens), and if I don't defrost that upright freezer soon, bad things will come down upon my head. Not sure what things, but bad ones for sure. So I'll keep pointing out what I think are good deals, but I'm also going to keep you posted on how I'm doing limiting myself.
Just to put it in perspective, here are a few things I hope to consume without replenishing;
- 17 boxes of cereal. I think I've mentioned we don't eat cereal.
- 7 jars of salsa. And I have coupons for 3 more jars for free! An even 10!
- 4 gargantuan bottles of ketchup.
- 8+ boxes of cake mix. Guess what, I almost never use cake mix. Are you surprised?
- I would tell you some of the contents of the freezer, but I don't have the energy to open it. I do know there are 10 pounds of butter in there, but I'm not apologizing for that! I have priorities.
If I succeed, whatever is left from my grocery budget will go to my vacation budget! Yeah!