Sunday, August 8, 2010

Today; how to pit a cherry. Tomorrow; how to perform an appendectomy with your new cherry pitter.

My faithful reader and friend Jody mentioned that pitting cherries doesn't sound like fun. I promise you the payoff is exponentially awesome!

Pitting cherries isn't my favorite job, but it is really not that bad. If you don't need your cherries to remain whole, use a paring knife to cut around the circumference, and then pop the pit out. If you want whole cherries and/or don't mind shelling out a few bucks, pick up a cherry pitter. Here is one at Amazon, not the same kind I have, but this one is pretty well reviewed. Locally you can find them at Someone's in the Kitchen. I would guess it takes less than 10 minutes to pit 3 or 4 pounds. WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

PS, thanks for the comments! Makes me so happy to know that someone actually reads my nonsense!

1 comment:

  1. OK, so the cherry pitter thingy looks like something i might use!! using a paring knife would probably be dangerous for me...... so let me know when cherries are cheap again i might have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete